MAA Member Benefits
MAA Member Benefits:
- Annual Conference: The annual conference is held in January of each year. This conference provides educational opportunities for new and experienced Auctioneers alike. The advertising contest held at this meeting allows Auctioneers to be recognized for their creativity and professional image. Members look forward to the Michigan Bid Calling Championship and the Fun Auction during this event. The convention also provides required continuing education credits needed for other states’ licenses. Go to Annual Conference for more info.
- Michigan Auctioneer Championship: MAA Hosts the Largest Auctioneer Championship in the state each January during the Annual Convention. Participants compete for the State Championship Title, a Championship Trophy, their choice of a Custom Made Championship ring or Buckle and their entry fee paid into the International Auctioneer Championship.
- Real Estate Continuing Education Course: Because so many auctioneers are also real estate licensees, MAA offers a one-day course that meets the state requirements for the continuing education credits needed annually by real estate licensees. This course is held in conjunction with the annual convention.
- Midwest Auctioneers Roundup: The Midwest Auctioneers Roundup in the summer is a second opportunity for education and networking with other auctioneers throughout the state. It is a one-day program covering various topics and providing continuing education hours. Also included in conjunction with this program is the Skeet Shoot and Annual Golf outing, where Auctioneers and their families have a fun filled day on one of Michigan’s top courses. Go to Summer Conference for more info.
- The Michigan Auction Gavel: The Michigan Auction Gavel is the official publication of the MAA and is published on a quarterly basis. As a National Award Winning Publication, it is the information source for the association, containing information of benefit to members, advising them of association activities, upcoming meetings and current issues.
- The eGavel: The newest online resource for auctioneers is the MAA eGavel. It’s an online only publication available to all auctioneers from the MAA Website. Click on the eGavel ad on the right side of the page for the curren t edition.
- Membership Directory: The annual membership directory is published in the spring issue of The Gavel of each year and lists all current members of the MAA. This is an invaluable tool for becoming familiar with other auctioneers in your area and for locating individuals that you can contact for support in the industry. For an up to the minute membership directory, log on to the MAA Website (www.FindMichiganAuctions.com) and Click on “Find an Auctioneer” (above).
- MAA on the Web: The MAA Website, is a wonderful source of information for the auctioneer and the consumer. All MAA members have access to the Online Auction Calendar, Upcoming Events, the Discussion Forum and many other options. Each MAA Member is listed in a searchable directory for consumers to find an auctioneer that suits their needs. The MAA Website has won National Awards for Content and layout. This is a fantastic tool for MAA members and the public.
- Advertising Contest: If you produce professional advertising pieces, this is an opportunity for you to showcase your work. A number of categories are available, and winners are awarded plaques. Whether new or experienced, a previous winner or a first-time entrant, you have an equal opportunity to garner a prize. Categories include auction promotion and company promotion.
- Photography Contest: For this competition, members have an opportunity to submit photos taken at their auctions in a number of categories. These winning photos are used as magazine covers, in MAA pamphlets, brochures and other promotions of the auction industry.
- Networking: Through the Annual Convention and Summer Seminar, you develop contacts with other successful auctioneers. One of the most exciting aspects of these events is the opportunity to meet new people and share knowledge and information. Any auctioneer will directly benefit from these ideas.
- Merchandise: The MAA Provides a great selection of apparel and miscellaneous promotional items that members can purchase at very attractive prices. See the Order Form in the Gavel Magazine or call the MAA at 616-785-8288.
- MAA Discount Program: By being a member, you get access to many great discount programs. Some of these include: Office Depot/Office Max printing and purchasing discounts, Discounted Credit Card Processing, Constant Contact Email management discounts, Discounted Advertising through Community Papers of Michigan and Auto/RV Publications, Batteries Plus Discounts, Send Out Cards program, and more! Contact the MAA for more info.
Remember to tell them you are a member of the Michigan Auctioneers Association to qualify for your member discounts!
Know of a great service that would benefit MAA Members? Let us know!
Michigan Auctioneers Association
4529 Gibbs NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49544