MAA Virtual Conference 2021 – Marketing Competition
- Any current MAA member may enter. That members name must appear on each entry form or the entry will be disqualified. Because of COVID Restrictions, Convention registration is not required this year!
- All entries must be in promotion of auctions occurring between January 1 and December 31 of 2020, unless otherwise noted. Exception: This does not apply to the Vintage Auction Memorabilia Category; Photo entries are within the last two years.
- Each individual entry must be accompanied by an official completed entry form and a $10.00 per item entry fee. Category 6, New Company and Category 9, Vintage Auction Memorabilia, will have no entry fee. Only original work will be accepted – no photocopies.
- MAA Members may submit up to three entries per Section in each Category.
- All entries must be received in the MAA Office on or before January 15, 2021. Because of COVID-19 Restrictions, entries for this year’s competition may only be entered via mail or email.
- Failure to comply with any of the rules will cause the entry to be judged ineligible for the Marketing Contest.
- Winners will be awarded during the awards presentation during the MAA Annual Conference – Virtual Edition, if appropriate entries are received.
- Category 1 – Auction Printed Materials
• All entries must display either the current MAA logo or include the statement that the Auctioneer is an MAA member.
• In all Sections, color is defined by ink use, not paper.
- Category 2 – Media Coverage and Digital Marketing
• Section 1 is for printed news stories written and published by professional news services.
• Section 2 is for professional news video or audio coverage produced and aired by professional news organizations.
• Section 3 is for audio and/or video projects produced by auction companies either internally or by professional production companies to promote either an auction or the auction company.
• All audio and video recordings entries must be submitted digitally via thumb drive or electronically. The file should be clearly named so that the MAA can identify the entry. Each thumb drive will be clearly labeled with the member’s name. Any entries sent electronically should contact the MAA to ensure they were received due to electronic size restrictions and spam restrictions.
- Category 3 – Business Promotion
• Section 2 – News releases entered should be accompanied by any press clips or news coverage generated by them
• Section 3: Company Image Wear.
(entry may be a photo of the company image wear)
• Section 4: Company Vehicle/Trailer
(entry must be a photo of the vehicle/trailer)
- Category 4- Auction Presentations
• All entries must display the current MAA logo or include the statement that the Auctioneer is an MAA member.
• The presentation folder and all proposal contents will be judged in this category.
- Category 5 – Website/Social Media
• All Website and Social Media entries must be received in the MAA Office by January 15, 2021 with the official entry form and required pdf or printout for the social media category.
The member Web Site will be judged on the layout, design, ease of navigation, completeness of information, etc. of the website.
• Members may either submit printed views (.pdf format) of their website or judges will navigate to your actual website for judging.
• All websites must display the current MAA logo.
• All Social Media entries must be in PDF form and emailed to the MAA by January 15, 2021.
• Social Media will be judged on effective use and integration of social media, a provided narrative and the example provided.
• Social Media Entries must include:
o List of links to all social media outlets including company website
o Narrative on company’s strategy and use of Social Media
o Example from the previous 12 months of social media interaction
- Category 6 – New Company
The Sections in Category 6 are restricted to New Members of the MAA 5 years or less/or in business 5 years or less. All website and printed materials submitted for the Category 6 must be received in the MAA office by January 15, 2021. There will be no entry fees for the new company categories. There will be 1st & 2nd place awards presented in these categories, if appropriate entries are received.
- Category 7 – Photo Entries
• Photo entries must be clearly marked with Members name, address, date of auction and category entered.
• Photos must be recent, within the last two years.
• Photos will be judged on quality, content and how well they capture an auction.
• Judges will choose photos that DO NOT have company names or logos first. They will choose “logo photos” only if they are superior to other photos by a wide margin.
- Category 8 – Auction Marketing Campaign of the Year
• Auction Marketing Campaign of the year entries may be judged on any of the following: Innovativeness and creativity, Crowd pleasing aspects, Revenue earned, Technological enhancements, Promotional elements, Auction attendance, Auction items sold, Satisfaction of client(s), Satisfaction of bidders, Atmosphere of event.
• Presentation folders and all contents will be judged.
• Items entered in this category may also be entered in other sections.
• The Auction Marketing Campaign of the Year entry summaries may include any of the following:
o Important information on why the auction was noteworthy
o Marketing strategy and tactics
o Goals for the Auction
o Copies of press releases and news coverage about the auction
o Copies of photographs, advertisements, and any promotional materials.
o Innovative marketing or techniques employed.
o Online marketing
o Target Markets
- Winners will be awarded during the awards presentation during the MAA Annual Conference – Virtual Edition, if appropriate entries are received. Awards will be mailed after the conference to award winners.
- Entries will NOT be returned unless the request is made in writing along with the entry. A self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage must be included.
- Winner names will be published in the Gavel and placed on the MAA website.
- For Complete Rules & Procedures, go to the MAA Website at www.msaa.org.
Download the Competition Forms HERE.